cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLAN's through SR2324P switches

VLAN's through SR2324P switches

phadley
New Contributor II

I’ve got several SR2324P Aerohive switches that have been near useless unless operating a flat default VLAN 1 setup. I’ve been unable to route VLAN’s for wireless clients through my Aerohive switches when the VLAN runs through HP procurve switches. Currently I have VLANs working quite well using only the various POE Procurve switches and have separated the wi-fi traffic quite nicely. I’d like to integrate these SR2324P’s into the network to free up my other HP switches for use somewhere else. I do not have these switches managed from the Hive (VLAN’s didn’t work when I did), and I’ve been doing everything from the CLI. Also, the switch will not let me set a default route to the main trunk switch, stating the ip is in the same subnet as the switch.

Has anyone else been successful at extending a VLAN to these switches going through HP procurves? Tagging just doesn’t seem to work, but VLAN 1 will pass no problem. I’m running AP 250’s on 10.0r8.

I’m at a complete loss.

1 REPLY 1

Adam_Minowski
Extreme Employee

Frankly speaking I lately did some VLAN configuration on SR switching + AH APs, and all works fine. I was able to configure everything from XIQ without any problems with latest firmware on SRs and APs. I created vlan configs, port templates with all needed vlans (untagged/tagged) and it just works. 

It is unimportant if SRs are connected to HP, or anything else. 802.1Q is a standard and it should work always. In my case I connected SRs to Mikrotik without ANY problem. 

Show me output of the command:
show interfaces switchport 1/0/24
Giving proper port number (instead 1/0/24) on which you have HP connected.

Are you sure that you configured interswitch ports correctly on your HP?

Just for reference HP config (uplink to SR on port 24):
vlan 1
name "DEFAULT_VLAN"
no untagged 1-23
untagged 1-8
tagged 24
exit
vlan 2
untagged 9-16
tagged 24
no ip address
exit
vlan 3
untagged 17-23
tagged 24
no ip address
exit

SR config (ports 1,2,3 each in different vlan 1,2,3, and uplink to HP on port 24):

vlan database
vlan 2-3

interface 1/0/1
classofservice trust untrusted
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 1

interface 1/0/2
switchport mode access
switchport access vlan 2

interface 1/0/3