Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERS 3600 no MAC learned/see on port

ERS 3600 no MAC learned/see on port

darvid
New Contributor II

Hi all.
I found some strange issue with ERS (Firmware 6.5.5.011) that dosen't see MAC on port after certain delay. I was alerted with Xerox Multifonction but see that with other endpoints.
As there is no MAC on Eap port, Vlan is not set end device is offline. I tried restart device, shut/no shut switch interface, change switch port with no result ! Look like mac_address-table is full but it's not (around 10k entry) !
If I plug my computer, on that switch port, all is right. The way found to recover MAC is to clear mac-address-table.

Any suggestions that can help are welcome ! Thanks reading

David

4 REPLIES 4

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

Did the problem start right after upgrading to that release?  

I would make a ticket. 

darvid
New Contributor II

No, it was the same in the previous version. I think there is a problem with cleaning at aging time. I have actually 6989 Mac in wireless  Vlan id (11210 total) and XiQ show 734 clients connected in client 360 ! If I search some MAC from the ERS table in XiQ, they are disconnected sinces hours or days !
Although the table should be able to handle 16K Mac, my problem seems to be here.

I will make ticket ! 

darvid
New Contributor II

Hi Paul,

I first thought a printer issue with power saving which shut down network. But we have around thirty and only those on stacks which approch 10K entry are concerned.
This stack is running in Fa proxy mode and can handle a dozen vlans (no routing/Acl). But I'm agree with you, 10K is a lot with aging Time of 300. We also have a wireless network with 2600 clients connected according XiQ. I will investigate this point.

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

This sounds like an issue with the printer. 

But just so I understand you correctly. you have 10K MAC entries on a single VLAN on an ERS3600?  That is a lot. 

What other services is the switch running?  Other VLANs, Routing, ACL's??

GTM-P2G8KFN