cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVB over Fiber

AVB over Fiber

Patrick_McDanie
New Contributor
Hello. I have 2 x Summit X440-24P switches with a 10053-PRO installed in each and connected to fiber. One switch has 3 x AVB devices connected. The other switch had 1 x AVB device connected. Both devices have AVB enabled on all ports. I can ping devices on either switch from the other switch. I have passed data traffic down the default VLAN. I can see all devices joining the AVB VLAN on their respective switches. But the AVB VLAN does not appear to be propagating across the fiber. I have no AVB audio propogating between devices on the fiber. I reached out to Biamp (whose audio processors we are using) and they suggested a couple of things, none which appear to solve the problem as I still have to AVB audio propagating between devices. Any help you can give to an old AV guy is definitely appreciated! Question......when looking at the devices on the AVB VLAN in my configuration, will the number of devices on the VLAN show as 4 on both ends once configured properly? Currently I have 3 on the one and 1 on the other. I want understand this better for future reference and trouble shooting. Thanks for the help.
5 REPLIES 5

Hernandez__Josh
Extreme Employee
Patrick,

Is the AVB VLAN spanned across the fiber. The uplink fiber port should also be included the AVB VLAN in order to pass that VLAN across the link. Is this the case?

For example: SW1 has AVB & Default VLANs and SW2 has AVB & Default VLANs.

SW1 port <#> ----Fiber---- <#> port SW2

The fiber port would need to be in the AVB VLAN in order to pass traffic across it on that VLAN.
GTM-P2G8KFN