cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

balancing link

balancing link

Felipe
New Contributor
Good afternoon,In a client must perform a link balancing between two locations. The interlinking between them, atualemente, is performed through radio (Radwin), however the client requests to be balanced (50% and 50%) the traffic with an optical fiber. The port is gigabit and Fibre is 100.
What would be the best possible way?
LACP L2?
Model: X440-24t
View: 15.2.1.5

Thank you
24 REPLIES 24

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi Felipe, the only issue here is related to ISC link fail.

Using a secondary health-check path would fix this.

I was wondering about creating a new vlan (ISC2) to the following devices/ports:

- Sede port 1 (ip 1.1.1.1/30)
- Garagem port 1 (ip 1.1.1.2/30)
- Extreme Morro Cristo ports 1 and 2 (no ipaddress)

"To reduce the amount of traffic on the alternate path, health check messages are initiated on the alternate path only when the ISC link goes down. When the ISC link is up, no health check messages are exchanged on the alternate path."

Would be great to validate that in your lab and simulate all possible failures (including the ISC link).

Felipe
New Contributor
Henrique,

So, from what I understand, this configuration in this scenario does not meet my demand, right?Since I need redundancy and balancing.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi Felipe, glad to hear this is fixed. That's The HUB! 🙂

The ISC link is responsible to keep both MLAG peers working as just 1 logical box (by exchanging health-check packets) and must by active all the time.

"If the ISC link alone goes down when the remote peer is alive, both the MLAG peers forward the south- bound traffic, resulting in duplication of traffic. However, this does not result in traffic loops. This is because the remote node load shares to both the MLAG peers and does not forward the traffic received on one of the load shared member ports to other member ports of the same load shared group."

To minimize ISC fail you can use 2 or more links between MLAG peers (ISC link) and enable sharing (LAG with LACP).

Another option would be using an alternate ipaddress (available in EXOS 15.5 and above) for MLAG peer health-check, but according to the diagram provided, the physical path is the same.

Felipe
New Contributor
HI Henrique,

Initially I would like to thank you for the support you are giving me, being valuable.I realized the configuration of sharing the "Extreme Morro Chisto" and have no more packet loss.
Performing tests, I'm in laboratory, simulated falls and when it was at the port 15 (ISC) the connection failed.
Can you help me again.
Much obliged.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi Felipe,

I see that you have enabled MLAG peers as Sede and Garagem switches.

That means you will see traffic load balancing from "Extreme Morro Cristo" to both Sede and Garagem.

If that's what you are trying to accomplish (traffic load balancing from "Extreme Morro Cristo" switch to both Sede and Garagem switches) then you just need to enable sharing for "Extreme Morro Cristo" with the command below:

enable sharing 1 grouping 1,2 algorithm address-based l3_l4
GTM-P2G8KFN