Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big IGMP Design

Big IGMP Design

DanielU
New Contributor

Any help would be grealty appreciated! 

I have a big Video distribution system that works over IP (AV over IP). It’s broken down into 4 Classifcations/Systems (NIPR/SIPR/JWIS &JIOR - These are US Government Classification networks) Each video system must be independent. 

Network Switch must support:

• Non-blocking backplane
  • Layer 2/3
  • IGMP v2 Snooping & Querier
  • Fast-Leave/Immediate-Leave

Each System must have a 40Gbs Uplink, my idea was (but if you have better ones please let me know)

1 - X870-32c (My Spine Switch, and IGMP Querier)

5 - X460-G2-48x-10GE4 (My Edge/Leaf Switches with 4 10Gb Uplinks to the X870

• All of my Video Encoders/Decoders will be connected to these switches. 

1 - X460-G2-24p-10GE4 (1 10Gb Uplink to the X870 needed) 

I guess my question is, can this be done the way i have it set-up ? Creating these 10 Gbs uplink to the X870, i also need to keep these network physically separated. I found this Secure Fiber switch, would there be a problem putting this switch in between the  X460-G2 Uplinks to the X870 

Fiber Optical Switch 1×4 2-channel MM LC | Fibersystem

Any help would be great! I could build out a diagram if needed to explain better! 

Thanks again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

DanielU,

SPBM is an excellent solution for this. depending on your topology you can go any VSP model.

This gives an incredible advantage compared with traditional IGMP implementation.

Concerning the setup, the SPBM Fabric allows an really easy configuration.

You should definitely request more info from you local Extreme representative.

Mig

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi DanielU, if you haven’t found an Extreme Rep to assist you yet, and you can tell me generally where you are located, I can find a local contact for you. If you’d rather share your general location with me directly, please feel free to email me at community@extremenetworks.com. 

DanielU
New Contributor

Thanks Miguel! I will try to figure out who is our Extreme Rep and contact them and ask about the SPBM solution. 

Have a great weekend boss!

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

DanielU,

SPBM is an excellent solution for this. depending on your topology you can go any VSP model.

This gives an incredible advantage compared with traditional IGMP implementation.

Concerning the setup, the SPBM Fabric allows an really easy configuration.

You should definitely request more info from you local Extreme representative.

Mig

DanielU
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Miguel, 

My bad, yes this will be an AV over IP solution using Creston NVX. It is a 1G multicast solution. The problem is i have close to 144 senders (encoders) and about 44 receivers (decoders)

This is a new system, and will be completely isolated from any existing network system. It will run independent. 

Forgot to add: on crestrons support page both the X460 and X870 are both recommended switches. So that's why I choice them. 

GTM-P2G8KFN