cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I go right to an exos patch release?

Can I go right to an exos patch release?

Keith9
Contributor III

If I’m upgrading an EXOS switch like an X450-G2 or a 5520 from say 31.2.1.1, can I go directly to 21.3.1.3-patch1-5 or do I have to go to 31.3.1.3 and then after it reboots do another step with the patch, 31.3.1.3-patch1-5 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Keith,

EXOS images are self-sufficient. There’s no rolling “delta” upgrades/downgrades of Linux-like stuff which you can experience rather in on-the-top software appliances of different kind. I can hardly remember but once in few years there might be something specific about particular switch models but you’ll find that in the release notes. Other than this, in 99% situations you can install any .xos image. Patched images are complete EXOS images.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Keith,

EXOS images are self-sufficient. There’s no rolling “delta” upgrades/downgrades of Linux-like stuff which you can experience rather in on-the-top software appliances of different kind. I can hardly remember but once in few years there might be something specific about particular switch models but you’ll find that in the release notes. Other than this, in 99% situations you can install any .xos image. Patched images are complete EXOS images.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN