cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access to internet from switch

Cant access to internet from switch

uwcd
New Contributor

I'm new in Extreme Networks and trying to give internet access to switches. We have BD 8806 and Summit  X440/ X480.

All switches connected to same VLAN and don't have a access to internet. We don't have any policies with restrictions.

And also when i'm tryed to add ISC vlan(provider vlan) to switch port in BD I recieved error "Cannot add MLAG Group port 1:7 to MLAG ISC control VLAN".

4 REPLIES 4

Joe10
New Contributor III

I still think your issue is with your MLAG setup.  That does not look right.  As I understand it you should be grouping your ports for each share and then tagging the share.  It look's like you have a single port assigned to a MLAG on your switch which in turns points to a individual port on the BD.  Take a good look at those two links I posted.  I think combined they should help you out. I only use extreme in our environment so its possible if your have things working between the BD and the summits then the issue is with your 3rd party switch interaction. 

Joe10
New Contributor III

For the 440/480s Are trying to setup lag?  My guess is your data vlan is setup properly, In my environment our internet connection vlan ports are tagged and the end users are untagged.  My guess is you either have your vlan not tagged correctly or you did not fully setup the vlan.  But you mention MLAG which makes me think your trying to create a port lag.   I have no experience with BD8806 but I think the commands are the same as the EXOS is used on some of the BD series. 

I did a quick search on your ISC Vlan statement, if I understand it correctly your trying to set up redundant switches and an interconnect between the switches.  Which does involve some port lagging.  I would double check your MLAG config and your vlan config.  I have not set up a MLAG in years.  Take a look at this link:  https://community.extremenetworks.com/t5/extremeswitching-exos-switch/exos-mlag-lacp-question-clarif...

uwcd
New Contributor

Thank you for reply. I will try to introduce my task.

Network don't have any problem and works as a charm. We need to connect several switches from other vendor to our BD instead Extreme and in order to monitor them over the cloud, we need to connect them to the Internet. VLAN configuration model is same as yours.

I guessed that if I add ISC vlan to SFP configuration this will help me to get access to internet but I received error about MLAG.

I checked policies and write new ones but it doesn't take effect.

create mlag peer "BD-DIL-00-02"
configure mlag peer "BD-DIL-00-02" ipaddress 172.16.xxx.x vr VR-Default
enable mlag port 1:1 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 1
enable mlag port 1:2 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 2
enable mlag port 1:3 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 3
enable mlag port 1:4 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 4
enable mlag port 1:5 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 5
enable mlag port 1:6 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 6
enable mlag port 1:7 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 7
enable mlag port 1:8 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 8
enable mlag port 1:9 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 9
enable mlag port 1:10 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 10
enable mlag port 1:11 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 11
enable mlag port 1:12 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 12
enable mlag port 5:4 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 14
enable mlag port 5:25 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 15
enable mlag port 5:26 peer "BD-DIL-00-02" id 16

We have 2 BDs and 2nd BD is configured as a peer for 1st.

Joe10
New Contributor III

I assume you have already looked at this one?  https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000079895

GTM-P2G8KFN