cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change IP on interface VLAN remote

Change IP on interface VLAN remote

Nobel
New Contributor II
Is it an easy way to change a interface VLAN remote?
As far as I see it is not possible to set more than one IP an a interface...

19 REPLIES 19

Burak_Kale
New Contributor II
Hi Drew;

I was expecting to change the default vlan's ip address via remote access.

There 's only default vlan on the switch and when i ran the script via telnet or ssh it unconfigures default vlan but couldn't configure it with the new ip address.

So i lost my connection to the switch and i had to reconfigure it via serial console.

After that i was looking for a different way to do that and i saw this subject on the community and thaught that somebody could help me with this problem.

Regards,

Burak

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Burak,
I recently did this same process on one of our lab management switches without any issue. There should be no difference when you run the script via telnet/SSH or through console. It sounds like that's the problem you're describing though - that the same script that works on console doesn't work through a Telnet/SSH.

What doesn't work about it? Are you unable to re-connect to the new IP after running the script? Or are you expecting to see the CLI prompt appear after the script runs - because you won't see that, you'll be kicked from the switch when the IP is unconfigured.

-Drew

Burak_Kale
New Contributor II
Yes , the new ip address is in the same subnet.

And again if i run this script via serial console it perfectly works.

Thanks.

Are you changing IP within the same subnet?

Burak_Kale
New Contributor II
I've directly connected to switch while i was trying that. There's only default vlan.

Thanks,

Burak
GTM-P2G8KFN