Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearpass DACL management - EXOS 16+

Clearpass DACL management - EXOS 16+

EXOSNewb
New Contributor
Good day,
I have recently inherited a project working with EXOS X440 switches in an enviroment moving toward DACL management through clearpass.

My current issue relates to the fact I canno seem to add traffic rules using standard IETF Deny IP NAS-Filter parameters. Here is the AAA Config in the switch:

configure radius mgmt-access primary server (IPADDRESS SERVER) 1812 client-ip (Switch) vr VR-Default
configure radius mgmt-access primary shared-secret encrypted "#$NCGjTl6wGExsOKZWj+w="
configure radius netlogin primary server (IPADDRESS SERVER) 1812 client-ip (Switch) vr VR-Default
configure radius netlogin primary shared-secret encrypted "#$RZcQlN6swEz8dL2eLKM="
configure radius-accounting mgmt-access primary server (IPADDRESS SERVER) 1812 client-ip (Switch) vr VR-Default
configure radius-accounting mgmt-access primary shared-secret encrypted "#$YR5fvd2yGlKR18vK23U="
enable radius mgmt-access
enable radius netlogin
enable radius-accounting mgmt-access
enable radius-accounting netlogin

Right now, I have no problems with Authentication via MAC, assigning a client VLAN etc, but when trying to apply ACL rules i cannot determine through logging or bashing my skull against it where exactly I am going off the rails.

Here are the basics of the ACL I am attempting to apply:

1.Radius:IETF | NAS-Filter-Rule = permit in udp from any to any 53,67
2.Radius:IETF | NAS-Filter-Rule = permit in ip from any to 10.0.0.0/8
3.Radius:IETF | NAS-Filter-Rule = deny in ip from any to any

None of these rules appear to have any impact, even though I can see them being applied in clearpass output.

TLDR; Can apply VLAN's in EXOS switch, but not ACL controls via Aruba Clearpass.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EXOSNewb
New Contributor
Hey everyone -

Had to come up with a work around for this as the expected commands aren't working as expected.

Had to create a policy in EXOS device blocking an IP
configure policy profile 2 name "TEST"
configure policy rule 2 ipdestsocket 8.8.8.8 mask 32 drop
configure policy rule 2 ipdestsocket 4.2.2.2 mask 32 drop
enable policy

Once you have this policy in place, in Clearpass you need to push the following command:

Radius:IETF Filter-Id= Test

This enforces whatever IP policy you have in place on the EXOS device and can be pushed using any clearpass enforcement profile.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

EXOSNewb
New Contributor
Hey everyone -

Had to come up with a work around for this as the expected commands aren't working as expected.

Had to create a policy in EXOS device blocking an IP
configure policy profile 2 name "TEST"
configure policy rule 2 ipdestsocket 8.8.8.8 mask 32 drop
configure policy rule 2 ipdestsocket 4.2.2.2 mask 32 drop
enable policy

Once you have this policy in place, in Clearpass you need to push the following command:

Radius:IETF Filter-Id= Test

This enforces whatever IP policy you have in place on the EXOS device and can be pushed using any clearpass enforcement profile.
GTM-P2G8KFN