cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config Help for Summit X440-24p - User manual - setup guide?

Config Help for Summit X440-24p - User manual - setup guide?

Matthew6
New Contributor
Hello,

I am in the process of configuring a Summit X440. I can not ping or bring up a web gui based on my setup thus far. I am trying to connect with the web gui or ping with a seperate laptop (192.168.0.35/19) in port 2 of the switch (192.168.0.35). I have the first laptop running putty for config in the console port of the X440.

I have done these commands so far in order based on a guide that sort of has good commands....

unconfig switch all
create vlan business
config vlan business ipaddress 192.168.0.36/19
enable web http
config iproute add default 192.168.0.253
save
reboot

I have used show config, ipconfig, management, port, vlan, etc... and all seems in order, with the exception I don't know any better.

I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions or an actual relevant guide/manual for this model.

Thank you,
Matt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Did you add port 2 into the business vlan? You can do this with the following commands:

configure vlan default delete port 2
configure vlan business add port 2 untagged

If this has already been done please paste in a "show vlan" and "show port 2 info detail"

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Matthew6
New Contributor
Good morning Patrick,

This association of the vlan with the port(s) was the exact command we needed. Our Network Admin was out sick yesterday and we still got the job done! Thank you for your assistance.

Matt

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Did you add port 2 into the business vlan? You can do this with the following commands:

configure vlan default delete port 2
configure vlan business add port 2 untagged

If this has already been done please paste in a "show vlan" and "show port 2 info detail"

Hope this helps!
GTM-P2G8KFN