yes this must be possible.
Its not docucmented in concepts guide in limitations.
Guidelines for Software-Controlled Redundant Ports and Port GroupsSoftware-controlled redundant ports and port groups have the following guidelines and limitations:
• You cannot have any Layer 2 protocols configured on any of the VLANs that are present on the
ports. (You will see an error message if you attempt to configure software redundant ports on ports
with VLANs running Layer 2 protocols.)
• The primary and redundant ports must have identical VLAN membership.
• The master port is the only port of a load-sharing group that can be configured as either a primary
or redundant port. Also, all ports on the load-sharing group must fail before the software-controlled
redundancy is triggered.
• You must disable the software redundancy on the master port before enabling or disabling load
• You can configure only one redundant port for each primary port.
• Recovery may be limited by FDB aging