Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a network

Creating a network

Akhil
New Contributor

Hi all,

i have two 210 switches , a fortigate 100E device , nine AP7632i and an astTECS IPPBX . i would like to create a network with four vlans in which one is for controlling all other vlans, one is for guest wifi , one is for ippbx and one is for switch management. kindly help me on this.

3 REPLIES 3

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Akhil,

I apologize for the delay, tough days...

Any other requirements? AAA?

For straightforward connectivity you will just have to set VLANs on all ports accordingly (tagged between network devices, untagged on access ports. And enable these ports.

Is FG supposed to route between VLANs? The router will have to have all VLANs defined but also IP interface on these VLANs with an IP address that will act as a default gateway for in-VLAN devices.

When configuring firewall, pay attention to security policies. Personally I’d recommend least privilege, deny everything and only pass through (between networks or to the Internet) destination ports that are required. If some networks doesn’t have to directly communicate, don’t allow that.

If that’s an entire network, you will need to assure DHCP is running on the router for example. If on another device, DHCP Relay needs to be done on the router.

Please let us know if any particular work is left here, especially with 210s and 7632s.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

Akhil
New Contributor

Hi Tomasz,

First of all i would like say is that i am new  to the networking field.

here scenario is that i need to setup a network with above mentioned devices. 

Network

VLAN

VLAN NAME

IP RANGE

GATEWAY/ Controller IP

Admin

ADMIN

192.168.120.0/24

Admin Network, To access all vlans

WIFI

PUBLIC

172.16.68.0/22

WIFI for Guest

IP PHONE

VOICE

192.168.200.0/24

Approx. 30 Uses ext.

Management for Switch

MGNMT

192.168.230.0/24

e8e8df647f864cebb1d5e2e140cb326b_14f4dac0-aeab-404b-a245-e2c82c4c7dab.jpg

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi Akhil,

What part do you need support with? It might be difficult to help without customer requirements, planned network diagram and so on.

Assuming FG 100E is supposed to work as a router connecting 210s, PBX and APs connected to the switches, correct?

Regarding VLANs, what do you mean by ‘VLAN for controlling all other VLANs’?

What devices do you need help with? What do you have configured already?

210s and 7632s are not EXOS just FYI (wrong product category).

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

GTM-P2G8KFN