cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Extreme Summit X150 Series use a CMOS Battery?

Does the Extreme Summit X150 Series use a CMOS Battery?

YouBoy_Kumar
New Contributor
hello does the Extreme Summit X150 Series uses a CMOS Battery
13 REPLIES 13

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
To the community members who have gotten a notification about this thread multiple times today, know that I've submitted a support ticket to have our community hosting provider investigate...

For the X150, I'm pretty sure that it does have a CMOS battery. I'm told that it should be a yellow cap over a chip on the CPU board and probably isn't visible right away when it is opened. Other than that, all I can say is that opening the switch may void the warranty, should one still apply.

i no the warranty is up i check out the name ( https://www.amazon.com/STMicroelectronics-M4T28-BR12SH1-Microelectronics-M4T32-BR12SH1-Datex-Ohmeda/... ) can you please have a look at that link and let ,me know if its that, and thank you so much for all your help

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I'm really not sure how much information I can give here. All I can say is that it's a SNAPHAT battery.
As I stated, if you have a warranty or contract, an RMA will be your best bet.

i guess i have to disassemble it to get a better picture of how the battery really looks like
any idea where i can get that part too order or the name of it

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I took one apart. You have to remove the board above the management port (which actually is attached to this board).
The battery is a yellow SNAPHAT style cell, and not a standard CR20xx battery. You'll need special tools (and likely a special order part) to replace it if you decide to go this route.

If the switch is covered under warrany or contract, you may be better off submitting an RMA.
GTM-P2G8KFN