cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAPS+PrivateVlan

EAPS+PrivateVlan

Chris_Chance
New Contributor
Does anyone have any samples of a switch on an EAPS ring that also has privatevlans on the subscriber ports for vlans that are trunked over the EAPS ring as the uplink?
2 REPLIES 2

Chris_Chance
New Contributor
thanks for getting back to me, but you lost me at the end their i know how to setup the eaps ring as we have that existing, and i understand the control vlan can't be a pvlan thts obvious, but is it not possible to protect the subscriber vlans, i mean you would have to set 2 uplink ports for the pvlan somehow?

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
Configuration for EAPS is same

Creating and Configuring the EAPS Control VLAN1 You must create the EAPS control VLAN and configure the 802.1q tag and ring ports.
2 Configure the control VLANs as part of the EAPS domain. Do this for both switches.
Switch 1 control VLAN configuration:
* SWITCH#1.5 # create vlan control-1
* SWITCH#1.6 # configure vlan control-1 tag 4001
* SWITCH#1.8 # configure vlan control-1 add port 4:1,4:2 tagged
* SWITCH#1.9 # configure eaps new-eaps add control vlan control-1
Switch 2 control VLAN configuration:
* SWITCH#2.5 # create vlan control-1
* SWITCH#2.6 # configure vlan control-1 tag 4001
* SWITCH#2.8 # configure vlan control-1 add port 4:1,4:2 tagged
* SWITCH#2.9 # configure eaps new-eaps add control vlan control-1
Enabling EAPS and Verify EAPS Status
1 Enable the EAPS protocol and the EAPS domain.
2 Confirm that the master node is in Complete state and its secondary port is blocking.
Switch 1 commands to enable EAPS and the domain:
* SWITCH#1.10 # enable eaps
* SWITCH#1.11 # enable eaps new-eaps

Limitations with Pvlan:
EAPS control VLANs cannot be either subscriber or network VLANs.• EAPS can only be configured on network VLAN ports (and not on subscriber VLAN ports).

To
support EAPS on the network VLAN, you must add all of the VLANs in the PVLAN to the EAPS ring.
GTM-P2G8KFN