Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ELRP implementation

ELRP implementation

Victor_Plohod
New Contributor
Hello everyone,
I have some issues configuring ELRP and need a few clarifications 🙂

So, I have several access switches called ToR that connect to the core switches.
I want to enable ELRP on all ports except uplinks to the core switch.
On every ToR switch I have around 70 vlans. I thought that I can copy/paste the config but it is not a solution as I'm receiving warnings that not all ports are in that VLAN.

* Slot-1 ENSX670V-01.15 # configure elrp-client periodic "Backup_2" ports 1:1-48,1:50-52,1:54-64,2:1-48,2:50-52,2:54-64 log-and-trap disable-port egress duration 30WARNING: Port 1:1 does not belong to Backup_2!

I ignored the message and continued with my vlans until I was stopped by:
* Slot-1 ENSX670V-01.22 # configure elrp-client periodic "VDI_Provisioning_PFDC" ports 1:1-48,1:50-52,1:54-64,2:1-48,2:50-52,2:54-64 log-and-trap disable-port egress duration 30
Configuration reply is too big
Configuration failed on backup Node, command execution aborted!

Did some tests..I am able to issue the command if I reduce the number of "port list"; is there any command to add ports to an existing elpr session for a vlan ?

Another way would be to configure elrp on all ports for each vlan but do we have a command to exclude a specific port after that?

6 REPLIES 6

Dorian_Perry
Extreme Employee
Hi Victor,

Yes the best option would be to configure ELRP on all ports, then use the below command to exclude the uplinks:
"configure elrp-client disable-port exclude "

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
Sounds like you have the basics but are complicating it. Below is a summary of our default elrp config to protect all non uplink ports. I remember all the symantics but if you take the below information and tab your way through you should be good. The name and tag of the vlan is simply what we choose any name and tag you find relevant would work.

Our standard elrp configuration is:

Create vlan NO_LOOP tag 666
Config NO_LOOP add ports all tagged
Config elrp client ........................
Config elrp disabled-ports exclude (uplink Ports)

Hope this helps,
GTM-P2G8KFN