cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS with an AutoSense enabled uplink for ZTP+

EXOS with an AutoSense enabled uplink for ZTP+

Configterminal
New Contributor III

Hello all!  I've been busy testing and labbing an EXOS switch getting deployed via ZTP+ when connected to an upstream auto-sensed enabled fabric engine port.  I'm wondering if anyone has got this 100% figured out and in production because there are some questions I have about how to get this working exactly the way I'd like.

As I understand it, when you factory reset and boot an EXOS switch connected upstream to a fabric engine "auto-sense" port, the port automagically goes into fa/flex-uni mode via the auto-sense code.  The issue is, the EXOS will basically get an IP using it's Default/Untagged VLAN b/c it tries every VLAN it can to get an IP on.  This all goes well until you decide, as part of ZTP+ you want XMC to create a management VLAN and use that IP range for it's management interface.  The problem is, even with using port-templates on the EXOS side to add vlans to the upstream trunk, since from the VOSS side it's FA, those same VLANs don't get added to the FA autosense port.

Essentially, I want to set an fa-management vlan from the VOSS side facing the EXOS switch, but I can't since this conflicts with auto-sense, as you can't configure both on a port simultaneously.  Inherently, auto-sense works when onboarding another VOSS switch but it's a bit funky with EXOS from my testing.  Has anyone got this figured out and can point me to some guides or something on how to do this?

0 REPLIES 0
GTM-P2G8KFN