Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme switch summit x460

Extreme switch summit x460

andykrust
New Contributor
Dear All,
I hope nobody will fell offended by the low level question.... but I really have an important doubt and I think the only independent support I can get is from this community.
I'm supporting, for a strategic business project, a customer that has quite big warehouse with some offices. I'm not supporting him from an infratructure point of view, but he sent me a question on some costs.
In the building there are some Summit X460, a firewall and all the networking appliance.
His question is related to the analysis of the company that currently manages this infrastructure.
I've seen an invoice that he received in which I see a year fee for the Advance Edge Licence X460 - TAC & OS software.
he bought (and payed) the Summit X60, 2 years ago...
why he as to pay this year fee? is it a licence for the software used? or is this the maintenance and the warranty for the appliance?
the software licence cannot be bought togheter with the Summit and then DON'T pay every year for this fee?
thank you for your help, and sorry for the stupid question
Andy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BradP
Extreme Employee
We have a support entitlement called "TAC and OS Support", is that what it is? If so, that could be a yearly fee.

Software licenses are separate, and once enabled on the switch, live and die with that switch. If the switch needs to be RMA'd, a separate license will be provided for the replacement.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BradP
Extreme Employee

Its likely correct. Any price that I give you isn't going to include any discounts or incentives that may have been applied. The partner listed on the invoice should be able to get you started if you can get in contact with them.

andykrust
New Contributor
that is exactly the explanation i was looking for!! that's great, thank you very much...
another small question: does exist somewhere a standard price list of the TAC and OS Support ? just to compare to the one that I received. I really don't believe in the price they showed

BradP
Extreme Employee
We have a support entitlement called "TAC and OS Support", is that what it is? If so, that could be a yearly fee.

Software licenses are separate, and once enabled on the switch, live and die with that switch. If the switch needs to be RMA'd, a separate license will be provided for the replacement.
GTM-P2G8KFN