cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme x440 VLANS and Raspberry Pi

Extreme x440 VLANS and Raspberry Pi

Kenny_Davis
New Contributor
I have a Raspberry Pi that is having some issues getting over to one of our other campuses. Here is the setup.
Campus 1 where the Raspberry Pi is located has a Fortigate 400E, switches are all X440 with VLANS in place. The Fortigate handles routing between VLANS as well as between campuses. The network for this location is 10.136.0.0
Campus 2 also has a Fortigate but there are no VLANS in place flat network. The network is at 10.138.0.0
The FortiGate's handles all the routing between these campuses.

When I connect the Raspberry Pi directly to the Fortigate 400E at campus 1 I am able to ping the Fortigate at campus 2, no problem.
When I connect the Raspberry Pi to one of the X440's and place the Pi on a VLAN that has routes and permissions to all other campuses and VLANS I can ping the Fortigate 400E at campus 1 but not the Fortigate at campus 2.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5

Here is what I get after running show fdb on that port

Mac                               Vlan               Age   Flags Port / Virtual Port List
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b8:27:eb:11:ca:20 services(0002) 0014 d m 13

Flags : d - Dynamic, s - Static, p - Permanent, n - NetLogin, m - MAC, i - IP,
x - IPX, l - lockdown MAC, L - lockdown-timeout MAC, M- Mirror, B - Egress Blackhole,
b - Ingress Blackhole, v - MAC-Based VLAN, P - Private VLAN, T - VLAN translation,
D - drop packet, h - Hardware Aging, o - IEEE 802.1ah Backbone MAC,
S - Software Controlled Deletion, r - MSRP,
X - VXLAN, Z - OpenFlow

Total: 376 Static: 0 Perm: 0 Dyn: 376 Dropped: 0 Locked: 0 Locked with Timeout: 0
FDB Aging time: 300
GTM-P2G8KFN