cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to the collector 12.38.14.200:443

Failed to connect to the collector 12.38.14.200:443

Stephen_Elliot1
Contributor
Hi, I've just commissioned a new X440-G2 running 21.1.1.4 and spotted this error message in the log:

"02-08-2016 15:40:43.15 Failed to connect to the collector 12.38.14.200:443 with SSL enabled (VLAN Mgmt does not have an IP address.)"

Anyone know what it is? I didn't configure this collector address so I assume it's some kind of stats gathering thing Extreme are doing?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

You can run this in stand-alone mode. So if you use Splunk, you can have EXOS send show tech files for analysis.

https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/check_out_the_extreme_networks_exos_splunk_app

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Also Yes the tech-support collector allows for information to be sent to GTAC in a proactive way.

Here are the details from the XOS user Guide

"Proactive tech support functionality allows you to collect system information when support is required."
"System information is pushed into a cloud-hosted collector where the Extreme TAC can use it to identify problems to provide solutions. Proactive Tech Support provides the following functionality:"
"• Proactive tech support is implemented as a loadable application, called techSupport.xmod. The XMOD is bundled with EXOS image packages, but can also be upgraded independently at any time without restarting the switch."
"• Proactive tech support allows the switch to proactively collect switch status and send the status report to up to four cloud-hosted collectors."
"• Proactive tech support allows both automatic and manual status report."
"• Proactive tech support allows each collector to have different report data set, report frequency, or report mode. A default collector is configured automatically to minimize the configuration required"
"to enable the feature."

Hope that helps

P

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey Stephen

Check out this post on Knowledgebase and see if this resolves your issue https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Can-I-delete-the-default-tech-support-collect...

Thanks
P

GTM-P2G8KFN