Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost password issue !!

Ghost password issue !!

Jean-Francois_G
New Contributor
Afternoon all,

I have a weird issue with a X670V switch that we have. I downgraded it to version 15.2.2.7b7 for the simulation of an upgrade that we're scheduling.

So hopped on the swtich, unconfigure all, reboot... all good so far
Upon reboot, download firmware 15.2.2.7b7 to switch and rebooted once more.

We this is where the issue starts... I'm being prompted for a password that shouldn't be there !!
I've tried our usual password just in case... login incorrect every time.

So then I figured I'd reboot in BootRom mode and choose "config none" then reboot... no dice...
I'm running bootrom 2.0.2.1... that option doesn't exist in this version...

So then I figured and use emergency procedure and reinstall firmware from bootrom... so I did... but the issue remains... the "Ghost Password" is still there and preventing me access to the switch... rendering it as useful as paper weight...

A little help would be appreciated 🙂
Thanks
JF

12 REPLIES 12

Jean, If you have a contract please call GTAC as you have tried everything at least once. Something is not right. I would try different versions in bootrom, or upgrade your bootrom. Also there is no need for "!"... we are hear to help.

Method 2 starts with "Once logged into the switch"...

Can't log in it... remember ? That my whole issue !!

I did. Did you try Method 2?

I guess you didn't read my original post... can't do the "config none" part... not allowed with this bootrom version...

Jean-Francois_G
New Contributor
Hi Guys,

@ Stephen : It's a normal login... not passphrase...
@ Brandon : I know the default password is blank...  First thing I tried...

It just like the switch came up with a password on its own !! I have another switch just like it... there was no issues whatsoever doing the same downgrade procedure...

JF

GTM-P2G8KFN