cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use chalet on a new switch?

How can I use chalet on a new switch?

Ruth_Hinds
New Contributor
Please what cable will I use to connect to the management switch to use chalet. Have summit X440 switch. and how do i get the last 2 numbers for the ip address.
35 REPLIES 35

Ruth_Hinds
New Contributor
I have tried the management port and I have the IP address to connect to the chalet but I am not able to. I used the ethernet cable to the laptop but I cannot get to the chalet. I have the documentation open and have gone through it several times.

I get the same link from 3 people which points to the same info so I just did what I was told. I wondered as well how the tftp server and the switch will see with them being on separate subnets.

Please point me on to a reliable information or manual to set this up. I keep getting links on what to do without even understanding what I am doing.

I was told to put in the vlan and other stuff and I did. Is it possible to configure the mgmt vlan to be on the subnet that I am on or what is the deal because then I do not have to route anyting.

Drew, where are the instructions on how to configure the management vlan and to get routing set up. I keep getting one instruction at a time. Where is the instruction to walk you through.
GTM-P2G8KFN