cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use chalet on a new switch?

How can I use chalet on a new switch?

Ruth_Hinds
New Contributor
Please what cable will I use to connect to the management switch to use chalet. Have summit X440 switch. and how do i get the last 2 numbers for the ip address.
35 REPLIES 35

Ruth_Hinds
New Contributor
Hello Josh,

Please can you tell me how to change the password for the chalet using the console. I just cannot remember the password. I know to keep it simple this time. Thanks for your help. I am able to log in using the console and the failsafe password for now.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
<content-quote data-username="Ruth Hinds">Hello Josh,

Please can you tell me how to change the password for the chalet using the console. I just cannot remember the password. I know to keep it simple this time. Thanks for your help. I am able to log in using the console and the failsafe password for now. </content-quote>Creating a new thread for a new topic Please reference the new conversation here: How to change the password using the console

Hernandez__Josh
Extreme Employee
Ruth,

It was certainly a pleasure working with you. After understanding the anticipated end result we determined that the IP configured on the Mgmt port was out of subnet range for the device we were working with.

After configuring an in network IP and connecting the RJ-45 cable to the Mgmt port we were able to ping the device via ping vr vr-mgmt

We then downloaded the new image, installed it, and rebooted the switch. We configured a password and enabled web for Chalet access.

I am glad we got everything resolved. Should anything else come up please do not hesitate to reach out to GTAC or contact us here on the Hub.

Ruth_Hinds
New Contributor
Fine that will be fine. Thank you.
GTM-P2G8KFN