Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup passwordless SSH into X450a-48t switch

How to setup passwordless SSH into X450a-48t switch

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Jun 3 2013 8:19AM

Hi,

I'm trying to setup automated backup of the switch and I'd like to have the script to login to the switch without using password.
How do I setup the SSH keys so I can ssh/sftp from a linux box into the extreme switch without password?

Thanks!
(from juha_a)
10 REPLIES 10

Sotiris_Salloum
New Contributor
Hi,

I've created the public key with the following command:

create sshd2 key-file host-key sshkey

It created under the root directory the sshkey.ssh and inside it has the public key

I've scp the key file to the remote server ~.ssh/authorized_keys

However I still get the password prompt when I try to ssh from the switch to the remote server.

I want to have this functionality in order to be able to automate some tasks within a universal profile.

What exact commands I need to execute in order to store the public key in the Switch ?

Regards
Sotiris

Have you renamed the key file as sshkey.pub in the remote host?

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Nov 8 2013 12:29PM

No there is not such way. Because it's like ssh on Linux. Considering situation when a I don't have may SSH key than switch ask me for a password. So in my opinion there is one (and only) way how to achieve this:

Create account with strong password for example with 30 pseudorandom digits and then apply configuration with ssh-keys which provide in post above.

If there is another way please share it! 😄

Bye. (from steja)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Oct 24 2013 1:13PM

Is there a way of configuring the account so it won't be possible to login with password, only with ssh key?

(from Luis_Coelho)
GTM-P2G8KFN