Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter-VLAN Routing not working correctly

Inter-VLAN Routing not working correctly

IT-SA
New Contributor
Hello!

I just took over a System Administrator role for a company and trying to figure out what happened to one of their VLANs.
I am new to the Extreme Network devices. They currently have 3 stacked X450-e as their main switch stack/router.
The previous SA setup a new VLAN (VLAN11) to free up some IPs on the main subnet.
Some PCs started dropping from the network last week and we ended up figuring out that the VLAN had been removed from the switch configuration.
I readded it and tried to set everything up as it should be but its not working and I am starting to bang my head against the wall and need some other eyes on this to tell me where the issue might be.

I've gone through all the help guides on here and cannot get a PC to ping another PC on VLAN11 from VLAN1. I cannot even get VLAN11 to pass DHCP to the PC. Static set IP doesn't work either.
DHCP server IP is 192.168.0.17

Here is my current switch config:
51 REPLIES 51

I think so. There are some other basic things like pinging the DHCP from an interface based IP in V11 that will show if the switch can get to the DHCP server by itself. In addition, I found a link that describes the difference between the global and vlan-specific DHCP server entries. It's toward the bottom of this post when you're back up and looking at it with fresh eyes... It still sounds like you might have a l2 problem if your devices can't ping when statically assigned in that vlan. Goodnight.

https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/how-to-configure-dhcp-server-in-extreme-switch-...

I will dig into this tomorrow. I am going to call it a night. I appreciate all of your and Eric's help tonight. We are getting closer!

Robert_Cummins
New Contributor
Hmm... that's not how my router is configured:

configure bootprelay add 10.80.195.242 vr VR-Default configure bootprelay add 10.80.195.247 vr VR-Default

configure bootprelay add 10.80.222.70 vr VR-Default

enable bootprelay ipv4 vlan client2247

enable bootprelay ipv4 vlan ISL-to-Nimbula

enable bootprelay ipv4 vlan manmgt2247

enable bootprelay ipv4 VLAN net2247

enable bootprelay ipv4 vlan storage2247

Maybe I'm misreading it. That's how it looked from the sample.

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
I think I see it... Add the IP address of the relay server to your vlan based bootprelay commands (in addition to the global setting).

enable bootprelay vlan VLAN11
config bootprelay vlan11 add x.x.x.x
GTM-P2G8KFN