cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create subinterfaces in different VRs on X670 going to the same trunk port?

Is it possible to create subinterfaces in different VRs on X670 going to the same trunk port?

frei
New Contributor

I have read on this board:
Extreme doesn't use sub interfaces. The closest equivalent would be adding the port to the vlan tagged.

Ok, Juniper firewall with subinterfaces, e.g. ge-0/0/1.3 and ge-0/0/1.110, going via trunk to port 1 on an eXtreme X670.

I would like to assign VLAN 3 to a virtual router, and VLAN 110 to another virtual router on the X670.

Port 1 of the X670 can only be assgined to one virtual router. Is it possible to use subinterfaces on X670, that one sub-interface with VLAN 3 ends in one vr, and VLAN 110 ends in another vr?

I know how to do this on Juniper switches via irb (integrated routing bridging). Does somthing similar exist for eXtreme?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Nearly correct. 🙂 You need to leave out the “VR”, so it’s “configure VR-Default delete ports 44”.

Best regards
Stefan

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Whoops, my bad. Firmware was 22.4 so “a bit” older… This switch should have been on a newer version, so I didn’t check this in the first place.

In 30.6 it works as you described (confgure vr VR-default delete...)!

Sorry for the confusion!

FredrikB
Contributor II

Wow, what version is this? I’ll have to check in 22.7 myself.

Edit: Seems like 15.3.5.2 patch 1-19 cannot have the “vr” keyword and 22.7 may have it but it’s not needed. I quoted the 22.7 command reference above. Edit 2: keyword can be VR or vr in 22.7. My bad.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

SW_xxx.3 # configure vr VR-Default
  description     Description string
SW_xxx.3 # configure vr VR-Default delete ports 1
                                                          ^
%% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
SW_xxx.3 # configure VR-Default delete ports 1
* SW_xxx.4 #

FredrikB
Contributor II

Nearly correct. 🙂 You need to leave out the “VR”, so it’s “configure VR-Default delete ports 44”.

Best regards
Stefan

Well, to be picky, you cannot have the keyword “vr” in capital letters “VR”. The name of the virtual router instance has mixed capital letters “VR-Default”. You may leave out the keyword “vr”, just as you may leave out the keyword “vlan”, but in the command reference, they’re there:

“Example
The following example removes all the ports on slot 2 from the VR "vr-acme":
configure vr vr-acme delete ports 2:*”

GTM-P2G8KFN