cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue updating Firmware on Summit 48

Issue updating Firmware on Summit 48

Davidson_Mott
New Contributor
I'm trying to update the firmware on my extreme networks summit 48 switch. I have tried a few different TFTP software such as OpenTFTP and SolarWind TFTP. I get the error saying can't connect to tftp server

I think I might have a missing element which would be DHCP, I'm not sure but I think that might be the part missing to why my switch can't connect. I know TFTP should be enable by default in Windows Server 2008, but I don't know which folder I need to put the firmware file in.

Any suggestion?

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
xtr is the extension that was used for EW. With the code being so old we will need to probably step upgrade to 6.22 then up to the 7.x code. I will verify.

Davidson_Mott
New Contributor
I got my freenas box setup with TFTP. I got it to ping, but the file you sent me isn't an image, it's an XTR file which is a new file extension for me. I don't know anything about source codes.

Davidson_Mott
New Contributor
Everything is on the same subnet. I did ping the router and worked. I also pinged my Main server and my Media Server. They both came in good, and my media server is running FreeNAS

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Are the switch and the TFTP server on the same IP segment? Can you ping your default gateway?

which port are you connected to?

Thanks
P
GTM-P2G8KFN