cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest version virtual EXOS 22.1.1.5 fro GNS3 loose configuration every reload of the switch

Latest version virtual EXOS 22.1.1.5 fro GNS3 loose configuration every reload of the switch

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
I've imported the new template of the latest relase of Virtual EXOS for GNS3

f4140f92145448f9bc8492d1e06117cf_RackMultipart20161104-78925-16m3uho-Capture2_inline.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II
Hi Stephen,
I save the configuration on the switch before the reboot and when I reboot the switch, it has no configuration and restart form the beginning the initial configuration wizard.
This problem is present only with the latest release, instead with the previous one I don't have problems and the configurations are saved correctly and persist after the reboot of the switch.
I've also tried to delete the new template and reinstall it from scratch, and to create new projects, but is always the same.

I've found the bug of the new exos vm! When enable all the feature with the trial license command (debug epm enable trial-license) the switch doesn't work correctly after the reboot.
This doesn't happen with the previous version of exos vm.
The problem is the same in all the computers where I've made the test.

I've made a new test on another pc with the same GNS3 release and on this the switch configuration persists across a device reboot...
So the problem is probally due to a GNS3 problem on the other pc...
I'll investigate it..

StephenW
Extreme Employee
Antonio,

Are you saving the configuration on the switch and in the GNS3 project. If you save the configuration it will work after a reboot. In my GNS3 I'm seeing the same results on both Versions.
GTM-P2G8KFN