Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirroring

Mirroring

gorn
New Contributor III

Hello!

I was not sure that the data from the vlans was mirrored, since the increase in traffic on the ports was insignificant, and I wanted to create a separate instance for a separate port as a test.

Error: Filter vlan conflicts with filter vlan of enabled DefaultMirror mirror.”, - does this mean that I cannot use the same sources in different instances?

I already mirror to 4 ports from 2 ports (ingress-and-egress) and 8 vlan(ingress).
How to set up mirroring in another instance from the same vlans(ingress) to another 1 port?

11 REPLIES 11

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

gorn,

Then I don’t see many options.

To be sure and avoid impacting the config you’ll have to check on the other side of the cables on ports 1 to 4 and sniff the traffic

Mig

gorn
New Contributor III

Yes.

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

gorn,

Have a look at the point 10 from this screenshot of the doc:

573b8464cbdc48f38b3a2d20f868d201_b69d352c-eb50-48ad-b0de-74c8f59530b4.png

Did you enabled jumbo frames?

Mig

gorn
New Contributor III

configure mirror DefaultMirror to port-list 1-4 loopback-port 5  
enable mirror DefaultMirror  
configure mirror DefaultMirror add port 10 ingress-and-egress
configure mirror DefaultMirror add port 11 ingress-and-egress

- it already works.

I added vlans to the DefaultMirror, but there are doubts that traffic from them is on ports 1-4. This is my difficulty.
I am trying to somehow verify this by mirroring vlan-traffic to another port. In the course of this research, I received the message "Error: Filter vlan conflicts with filter vlan of enabled DefaultMirror mirror", which suggests the limitations of mirroring on the switch.

GTM-P2G8KFN