Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MLAG y VRRP (Active/Backup) Error change role

MLAG y VRRP (Active/Backup) Error change role

Kevin_Alexis_Ma
New Contributor

Hello:

I am currently conducting an operation laboratory for MLAG and VRRP, for which I have 3 x440-G2 switches all with firmware version 22.5.1.7 patch1-3. Having the following scheme:

70e25dbcacac457fa0ad02be9d79b132_648d7875-3106-4f12-b8a4-ac7c6196f668.png

All links are formed through LACP L2, I have the inconvenience that when I disable ports 1-2 of the LAG, both remain as an ACTIVE / ACTIVE role within the VRRP. According to what I understand multicast packages should be propagated through the MLAG ports (these being 3 and 4) to exchange the information of the roles.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Kevin,

just a little addition. I have talked with a colleague of mine (plenty years of experience with EXOS switching).

This sure is a “working as designed” or “issue by design”.

If you do encounter this problem there are just three options:

• “Kill” one of the two ‘split-brain’ MLAG Cores (whether port shutdown or pull the PSU cable doesn’t matter)
  • Or “kill” one path of the splitted Sharing on the Border/Single Device.
  • Or implement more ISC paths to get the ISC up again.

So, I guess, opening a GTAC for this might get closed with “working as designed, ensure ISC functionality”.

Best regards

Dear:

I have decided to open a case with TAC for further review of the problem, for my laboratory I am considering that only the VRRP Master when with connections to other networks or is routing. Therefore, when I perform the test to deactivate the ISC ports (1-2), both remained as ACTIVE / ACTIVE but the traffic is being directed to the switch that previously had a role as BACKUP and the communication of all the network segments is lost. routed for the month.

Perform the tests to deactivate the MLAG ports (3,4) but the role is followed in both switches, this problem occurs only when the ISC port between the CORE switches is deactivated.

GTM-P2G8KFN