cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Extreme summit x450a-48tDC does not want to boot

my Extreme summit x450a-48tDC does not want to boot

Mohamed
New Contributor
i have an Extreme summit x450a-48tDC switch, when i power up the switch and connect my laptop through console, i receive nothing on the screen, its like the switch doesnt boot and doesnt interact with me, i tried to press Enter many times but nothing appears, so please can you help me on this one.
11 REPLIES 11

Mohamed
New Contributor
Hi Paul thanks for your interest to help me ^_^, the problem is that i dont see anything on my screen nothing appear even when i power off the switch and then power on again nothing appear to my screen

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
one last question if your console is attached and you reboot do you see anything?

If the cable is good and the settings are correct you should see it go into the boot strap at the very least.

P

Mohamed
New Contributor
Hi Paul, i am using these settings (9600 8,n,1), the terminal emulator is SecureCRT, and yes i am using a null modem cable+ converter to USB to attach it to my laptop

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Mohamed

So it sounds like the mgmt light is flashing green which is normal. the switch is not in a reboot cycle.

what serial settings are you connecting at (needs to be 9600 n,8,1) and what terminal emulator are you using? Are you using a null modem cable?

P

Mohamed
New Contributor
I thought the same, thanks for you help sir

GTM-P2G8KFN