cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native Stack Ports unavailable on x440-g2 48p

Native Stack Ports unavailable on x440-g2 48p

Valnas
New Contributor

I got 3 x440-g2’s and intended to use the stack ports with 10 Gbe SR SFP+ modules.  I popped them in and all three switches linked up. But as soon as I started trying to find the stacking guide I started banging my head against a wall.  

When I enable stack-support it shows that it’s only enabling the alternate ports (49 & 50)..

When I show stack-support it indicates the native ports are unavail. If i try to manually configure, it refuses to accept native as an option.

Tried doing it with the SFP’s in and out, daisy chained, ringed.  Could the SFP+ modules work but still not be satisfactory for extreme stacking ? Gtek transceiver & LC to LC Patch

6 REPLIES 6

Valnas
New Contributor

They are all in stacking support (configured and active setting), but when you show stacking on each one, they only see themselves. 1 node. 

I’ve ran the easy set-up and reverted back with factory resets / unconfigure stacking-support a few times now without success.   I’m just irked that the configuration won’t let me enable them, has them shut off by default only for stacking interface. I can plug into switch #3 and everything works, can manage them all by telnet.  Ports active and SFP recognized in the gui monitor.

Slot-1 Stack.3 # show stacking-support

Stack    Available Ports
Port    Native  Alternate  Configured  Current
-----   -----------------  ----------  ----------
1       No      49 *       Alternate   Alternate
2       No      50 *       Alternate   Alternate
stacking-support:          Enabled     Enabled

Flags: * - Current stack port selection

davidj_cogliane
Contributor

So you have to enable stacking-support

Maybe configure stacking-support

Reboot each switch so that takes affect.

Cable it all together, preferably in a ring connecting switch 1 port 52 to switch 2 port 51 switch 2 port 52 to switch 3 port 51 and 3:52 to 1:51.

Show stacking should now show all switches though they will be disabled or something.

Configure stacking easy set-up??

I have always used direct attach cables, so your optics could be the issue… I don't expect to be in the office till Friday but can test then if you don't get it going.

Valnas
New Contributor

There are 4, but my 10 Gb modules don’t ever link up in those ports.

davidj_cogliane
Contributor

I am at home sitting on my couch and don't have any  440-G2s here.

But I swear there are 4 SFP ports on the back.

I agree you don't need the 10G license to stack.

I know I just used port 51,52 for uplinks which means I used the other two SFP ports on the back for stacking.

Sorry my memory is not better.

GTM-P2G8KFN