Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbours IP Address

Neighbours IP Address

hafiz
New Contributor
Hi guys,

I'm facing a small issue here. I'm trying to find the neighbor switches IP address that connect to my core switch. I have tried to use command "cdp" but no ip appeared.

I have tried to enable lldp on my core switch however no ip appeared also.

Is there anything that I must configure so that I can see all the IP addresses that connect to my core switch?

Thank you in advance
9 REPLIES 9

Senguttuvan__Ar
Extreme Employee
Hi,

Could you test it after initiating a ping between the switches. There should have been a ARP entry on the uplink for the IP to get populated in "show edp ports detail" output. Below is the sample output from my lab switch:

c5d3fcb7df9247c39d1ff13d18dbb22e_4323-vzhmnm_inline.png

André_Herkenrat
Extreme Employee
You are running a EXOS 12.0.3.16, which is really old. I would propose to update to a more recent version. If you are running one of the "fifties" use a 15.3.5 if you use a more recent product I would recommend a 16.1.3.

/André

hafiz
New Contributor
Please refer below. No IP address

b6cd24226dd44daf8e6fa23e89827f43_RackMultipart20160704-129754-jw8t1p-1_inline.jpg

Senguttuvan__Ar
Extreme Employee
Hi,

If you would want to know the neighbor switches IP address, then, "show edp ports detail" output will give you the IP.

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Hey Hafiz,

Thanks for joining the Hub....

Coming to your query regarding the Neighbor IP addresses connected to the central switch, if we consider them as Extreme switches then the only option i hope is available to run the command show edp ports all on the extreme switches. Whereas for Cisco switches show cdp neighbor discovery would give you the clear picture in detecting all the neighbor peers connected to the central one.

Hope this clarifies you for your queries.

GTM-P2G8KFN