Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbours IP Address

Neighbours IP Address

hafiz
New Contributor
Hi guys,

I'm facing a small issue here. I'm trying to find the neighbor switches IP address that connect to my core switch. I have tried to use command "cdp" but no ip appeared.

I have tried to enable lldp on my core switch however no ip appeared also.

Is there anything that I must configure so that I can see all the IP addresses that connect to my core switch?

Thank you in advance
9 REPLIES 9

Supermac7
New Contributor
You need to configure IP addresses on the vlans on both switches. Then you'll see that info with show edp port <> detail.

The command
show edp ports all detailshows all IP addresses configured on VLANs of EXOS neighbor switches with EDP enabled.

Thanks!

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Hafiz,

EXOS v12.0 does support the advertisement of management address information through LLDP. Now, you must understand that this IP address is the one configured in the mgmt vlan. If you don't have al IP address configured for the mgmt vlan, then the switch will send the system MAC address instead...

Then, the show lldp neighbors detailed command will show the management address of each neighbor.
lab0-sw2.4 # show lldp neighbors detailed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
LLDP Port 2 detected 1 neighbor
Neighbor: 00:01:30:DF:00:01/1, age 9 seconds
- Chassis ID type: MAC address (4)
Chassis ID : 00:01:30:DF:00:01
- Port ID type: ifName (5)
Port ID : "1"
- Time To Live: 120 seconds
- Port Description: ""
- System Name: "lab0-sw1"
- System Description: "ExtremeXOS (Summit-PC) version 16.1.1.4 16.1.1.4 \
by release-manager on Fri Jun 12 17:09:43 EDT 201\
5"
- System Capabilities : "Bridge, Router"
Enabled Capabilities: "Bridge"
- Management Address Subtype: IPv4 (1)
Management Address : 172.16.56.11
Interface Number Subtype : ifIndex (2)
Interface Number : 1000018
Object ID String : "null"

lab0-sw2.5 #

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi,

you should consider the use of LLDP. This is really nice in mixed-vendor environments, since most networking gear (even from Cisco) and many servers support LLDP.

To show all detected neighbors in detail:
show lldp neighbors detailedYou can (and usually should) enable additional information sent via LLDP:
enable lldp ports configure lldp port advertise port-description configure lldp port advertise system-name configure lldp port advertise system-capabilities configure lldp port advertise management-address
I have just verified that the above configuration is available in EXOS 15.3, I do not have earlier versions available to check.

Br,
Erik
GTM-P2G8KFN