Did you mean: 

Netlogin 802.1x with Radius - Help please

Netlogin 802.1x with Radius - Help please

Localhost
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have configured using this guide:

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081809

the NPS is configured as per above document.

This is the config in the switch:

create vlan AuthVLAN
configure vlan AuthVLAN tag 10

configure netlogin vlan AuthVLAN
enable netlogin dot1x
enable netlogin ports 3:33 dot1x
configure netlogin ports 3:33 mode port-based-vlans
configure netlogin ports 3:33 no-restart

configure radius netlogin primary server MYRADIUS 1812 client-ip MYSWITCH vr VR-Default
configure radius netlogin primary shared-secret encrypted PASSWORD
enable radius netlogin

But when I connect my cable on port 3:33 nothing happens, I got straight to the vlan that was configured on the port previously.

I confirm that the switch can see the radius and vice-versa. Show radius shows 0 packets sent, it looks like it does not care that I connect a cable to 3:33, it does not even try to look for the Radius.

Ideas?

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Localhost
New Contributor II
I see...I need to start a service on the Windows machine...now, you might be able to help. The reason behind this is that I need guests to get access to physical port in a shared venue. When they physically connect the cable I want them to get prompted with a user/pass that I control in Active Directory and after that they get placed in a certain VLAN. I cannot ask them to start a service as for most them won't be possible. Ideas?

Localhost
New Contributor II
wow thanks for the quick answer! A laptop with Windows 10.

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
With dot.1x enabled what type of client are you connecting? In this configuration you need a client that has a supplicant enabled. If not you will get nothing.... What is the client??
GTM-P2G8KFN