Did you mean: 

Netlogin 802.1x with Radius - Help please

Netlogin 802.1x with Radius - Help please

Localhost
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have configured using this guide:

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000081809

the NPS is configured as per above document.

This is the config in the switch:

create vlan AuthVLAN
configure vlan AuthVLAN tag 10

configure netlogin vlan AuthVLAN
enable netlogin dot1x
enable netlogin ports 3:33 dot1x
configure netlogin ports 3:33 mode port-based-vlans
configure netlogin ports 3:33 no-restart

configure radius netlogin primary server MYRADIUS 1812 client-ip MYSWITCH vr VR-Default
configure radius netlogin primary shared-secret encrypted PASSWORD
enable radius netlogin

But when I connect my cable on port 3:33 nothing happens, I got straight to the vlan that was configured on the port previously.

I confirm that the switch can see the radius and vice-versa. Show radius shows 0 packets sent, it looks like it does not care that I connect a cable to 3:33, it does not even try to look for the Radius.

Ideas?

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Localhost
New Contributor II
Actually one thing Daniel. On the document you linked, it appears that when not authenticated, the client gets into a Temp vlan. Now, when the client gets authenticated, in the document is placed in the vlan Data, but there is no piece of configuration that says which vlan to use if the user is authenticated. Is it the same as for dot1x with the vendor specific attributes?

Localhost
New Contributor II
thanks all. I have realized that now. When I enabled dot1x on the laptop through the service, it worked really beautifully but it will require users that we don't control to start a service=problems! Thanks again everyone these forums are really really helpful!.

Thanks Daniel, I will give that a try.

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Localhost, using 802.1x for guests may be problematic, as they may not have the supplicant enabled...

You can use Web-based Network login for guests that don't have 802.1x enabled. When guests open a browser they get a login screen where they can input the user/password to be validated.

Here's a document showing how to configure Web-based Netlogin:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnhja1paz9f4m7g/SVC%20Tech%20NI%20Tech%20Guide%20Switch%20Netlogin%20Web%2...

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi ,

Please find the step by step procedure to enable wired auto config in window 10.

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
In Windows you need to enable the service for "wired auto config" and enable the service... For supplicant to be active
GTM-P2G8KFN