cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Extreme...Routing configuration question.

New to Extreme...Routing configuration question.

Wikedeye
New Contributor
I am new to Extreme coming from a Cisco background and I need some help figuring out the best way to add a new uplink to an ISP.

I recently started at this company and my first task is to add a new link to one of our ISPs. They are providing us a 3 gb fiber connection. The problem I have is it will be coming into our network at one site and I need it to leave that site and come into our firewall in our data center. I want to make the connection as secure as possible until it hits the firewall. We have a 10 gb fiber ring and we currently use under a gig on a daily basis. There are 7 router hops between the two sites. We are running eaps on all of the routers. The link will come into a summit x460-g2-24p-10ge4 on both ends and that is the model of all of our other routers in the ring. We are running version 15.6.4.2.
2 REPLIES 2

Steve_Worrall
Extreme Employee
If you are running EAPS then I assume that you have VLANs extended through the EAPS ring between your Internet access circuit and your DC. One way to do this would be to simply carry the Internet traffic within a dedicated VLAN. Does that sound reasonable or have I misunderstood your topology?

elsablack005
New Contributor
I am facing the same issue which is interrupting my work too. Someone please post help as soon as possible.
GTM-P2G8KFN