cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PoE issue with xos summitx-21.1.4.4-patch1-3?

PoE issue with xos summitx-21.1.4.4-patch1-3?

Josimar_Rivera_
New Contributor
Does anybody know if there is an issue with the Summit X460-G2-48p about denied power on ports? I was looking for summitx-21.1.4.4-patch1-3 release notes but I couldn't find them.
3 REPLIES 3

Ty_Izzet
Extreme Employee
You could add a second PSU to the slot to increase the total power budget. The total wattage would be added together of both PSUs.

I would check to see if this is happening with all of the 18 PDs, whether it is happening simultaneously, and whether it is happening on a single slot. Redistributing them would be a certain measure to ensure we are facing denied power due to the power budget.

Josimar_Rivera_
New Contributor
Ty Izzet, the switch is a Stack member, in fact there is only 18 PDs in that slot. According to the solution of the link does it mean that I've to install a redundant power supply??

Ty_Izzet
Extreme Employee
Josimar, it is possible the inline power is being exceeded on a switch or slot. Please review the following article for a start:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/APs-getting-Denied-Power-in-a-Stack

If stacking is used, redistributing PDs among slots helps. Also check the PDs to see what class is being used.
GTM-P2G8KFN