Did you mean: 

Port blocked on the vlan

Port blocked on the vlan

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Mar 27 2012 8:46AM

Hi guys,

i need you help on the following:

I created a sharing LACP on two port to a HP blade system. but these port show as *7gb on "show vlan "xxx" "

Untag: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,

16, 17, 18, *19, 20, 21, 22,

23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29,

30, 31, 32, 33, *34, 35, 36,

37, *38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 45,

46, 47, *48, 43g

Tag: 1g, 5g, *7gb

Flags: (*) Active, (!) Disabled, (g) Load Sharing port

(b) Port blocked on the vlan, (m) Mac-Based port

(a) Egress traffic allowed for NetLogin

(u) Egress traffic unallowed for NetLogin

the port number is 7. there is no EAPS configured there is no STP enabled Thanks. Luiz Maia

(from Luiz Claudio_Maia)
4 REPLIES 4

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 6 2012 3:03AM

If you have a spare switch. Try to configure LAG on it with similar algorithm and see if "gb" goes away. If it does you need to re-configure the HP blades

The Load Sharing Algorithm needs to be same on both the ends.

Let us know what works for you.

(from Arpit_Bhatt)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Apr 4 2012 10:06AM

Hi,
How did you configure load balancing on Virtual switch in ESXI? Are you using load balancing based on IP hash or originating virtual port id?
thanks (from denis_sto)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Mar 27 2012 9:27AM

Thabks prusso, and yes, on the other side i have a vmware esxi 5 with nic teaming, as i do on all other servers. I think it's somenthing with blade enclosure. I tried to phisically remove one link but the port keeps on "gb". if you or anyone have passed throw this, i apreciate the help. Tks again prusso. Luiz Maia (from Luiz Claudio_Maia)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Mar 27 2012 8:52AM

Luiz

Are you sure both sides of the LAG group are using LACP? If one side is not then you could see this. Also here's some information from the concepts guide:

The system now detects and blocks loopbacks; that is, the system does not allow a pair of ports that are
in the same LAG but are connected to one another by the same link to select the same aggregator. If a
loopback condition exists between two ports, they cannot aggregate. Ports with the same MAC address
and the same admin key cannot aggregate; ports with the same MAC address and a different admin key
can belong to the same LAG.

Hope that helps

P (from Paul_Russo)
GTM-P2G8KFN