Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reasons for MLAG on Summits

Reasons for MLAG on Summits

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody!

I am an engineer at partner company and we are going to make a business event for our customers. My presentation is about MLAG on BD8806 with VRRP.

I suppose that I will be asked a question about why there is MLAG on Summit Switches, which could be stacked easily?

Could you please give me some ideas?

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya

12 REPLIES 12

Hello, Eric!

But why if I can connect two stacks via Etherchannel. This is much easily...

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Apart from the above features there are also single-tier MLAG which provides the redundancy at the access level.
Second is the two-tier MLAG design provides the redundancy at the distribution level or the core-level.

Hello, could you please explain it in details?

"single-tier MLAG which provides the redundancy at the access level."

and

"Second is the two-tier MLAG design provides the redundancy at the distribution level or the core-level. "

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya

Steven_Lin
Extreme Employee
The MLAG feature allows you to combine ports on two switches to form a single logical connection to another network device. The other network device can be either a server or a switch that is separately configured with a regular LAG
to form the port aggregation.

MLAG could support more complex scenario, and sometimes switches not Compatibility for stacking in your scenario.

0983b77ada4b42cba576ed9a1c9f309a_RackMultipart20161206-27126-1dcum1p-222_inline.png

GTM-P2G8KFN