Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up vlan trunk

Setting up vlan trunk

Ryan
New Contributor II
Hello all,

I want to start by stating that I am new to Extreme and managed switches for that matter. I am having trouble getting a vlan to work with my setup and I know its lack of knowledge that is getting me stuck on this issue.

Scenario: I have a Ubiqtuiti USG and 2 Ubiquiti AP's. I have 2 SSID's running on them. One is the main network and the other is guest. I have the main network not vlan tagged and its working as it should. The problem is that I can't get the guest network running as it should on vlan 10 and with it in an unmanaged switch it is fine, but when I add it to the managed extreme 450e-48p it wont even hand the IP out. My main network is on 10.0.0.0/8 and my guest network is on 172.168.15.1/16.

What I have done:
create vlan guest
config vlan guest tag 10
config vlan guest add port 17 tagged (ports the AP is plugged into)
config vlan guest add port 18 tagged <^

Thank you in advance and if I am missing anything that needs to be here to figure this out, let me know and I will post it.

Thank you

18 REPLIES 18

(don't forget to "save" in the CLI to keep your changes)

Cool - glad it worked! Please mark this thread as "helpful" if you don't mind! Have a great weekend...

Ryan
New Contributor II
You are a genius! I just didn't add the port for the USG into the vlan tag. IT WORKS NOW!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Which port goes to the USG? Add that port to v10 tagged too. I’m assuming that’s the way it’s setup. It’s probable that the trendnet just passes all vlans to all ports by default (especially if it’s not vlan-aware). The extreme will strip the tag when the traffic comes into the port, look up the other members of that vlan and then send the pack out those ports (tagging those which are are not set to the that vlan as a default/access vlan).

Ryan
New Contributor II
When I connect to the guest SSID I get a bad IP 169.254.x.x address immediately.
GTM-P2G8KFN