cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP X670-48X 16.2.4.5

SNMP X670-48X 16.2.4.5

xamza
New Contributor II
good afternoon, how to configure snmp v2 with a community other than "public"? when changing the community name access to the device is lost
My config:
configure snmpv3 add community "public" name "public" user "v1v2c_ro"
Changed config:
configure snmpv3 add community "weryi" name "weryi" user "v1v2c_ro"

Test :
snmpwalk -v 2c -c weryi 192.168.0.1
iso.3.6.1.2.1 = No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)
2 REPLIES 2

xamza
New Contributor II
My current snmp config, its for test :

configure snmpv3 add community "public" name "public" user "v1v2c_ro"

when I try to interrogate a switch by specifying incorrect credentials, for example "snmpwalk -v 2c -c pub 192.168.0.1", I get an error in the logs: a bad community name, and when I specify "snmpwalk -v 2c -c xBE6LMpR 192.168.0.1", then there is nothing in the logs and in the linux console the following : MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree). Very strange

Kawawa
Extreme Employee
Are you getting any SNMP errors in the logs i.e. Login failed through SNMPv1/v2c - bad community name or SNMP is currently disabled. Hence dropping the SNMP request?

Secondly, when you run the show snmp vr which counters are increasing after you run the snmpwalk multiple times?

Lastly check to verify the state of the SNMP credentials you're referencing are Active using the show snmpv3 user and show snmpv3 group and show snmpv3 access commands.
GTM-P2G8KFN