Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacking 2x X670 with 40-60Gb traffic between

Stacking 2x X670 with 40-60Gb traffic between

jtessier
New Contributor
Hi all,

I'm looking to migrate a configuration where we have 2 separate X670-48 (not X670-V) into a stack.

We currently have a LAG of 40Gbps between the two switches which is routed

What is the recommended setup, and what is the procedure for migrating our working stand-alone setup into a stack?

We may also look at add an X650-24 to the same setup.

Hopefully I've framed my question correctly.

I have looked at the "Summit Family Switches Hardware Installation Guide". I gather I can use 4-6 ports on each switch to create the stack.

Switches are running the same XOS version, have same license levels.
4 REPLIES 4

jtessier
New Contributor
Ok, thanks for confirming.

As I mentioned, I have about 40Gbps of traffic between the switches. Other than giving me a single configuration point, stacking offer me much.

I'll still have to keep the LAG, and grow it as the traffic between switches grows.

jtessier
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply.

Can you use any 10G ports to create the stack, or just the alternate stacking ports? This isn't clear from the information, but I'm assuming so. Also I'm assuming that I would need to create a stack with enough ports to support the bandwidth that would be carried between the switches (backplane type).

What are the advantages to using the alternate stacking ports over regular ports?

Cheers.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Only the designated 10G alternate stack ports can be used.

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Jason,

Here is an article which can point you to the appropriate section.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Summit-How-to-convert-standalone-deploymen...

Further information on the port numbers are available in the section "Summit X670 Stack Configuration Guidelines :" in concepts guide. (Page 135)

Adding a new node : information is available in the "Adding a Node to a Stack" section (page 170)

I hope it helps...
GTM-P2G8KFN