Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stacking-like mode in EXOS

stacking-like mode in EXOS

Marcin_Kuczera
New Contributor II
Is there a possibility to add in EXOS a fetaure that will be like:
enable stacking-like-support
I just need all ports to be in X:Y notation in normal mode (no to waste 10G ports).

In future, config might be easily moved to real stacking environment..
7 REPLIES 7

SchmuFoo
Contributor
100% agree to this feature request! We also had a GTAC Case for that to figure out, if there is a way to get the Slot:Port Notation for switches with no native stack ports. Even on our single switch installations which have native Ports, we stage them with "enable stacking" in the default.xsf. Only to have the mentionend port Notation to be ready for the future when we maybee have to extend ports via a second switch.

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I assume you are looking at 460G-2s we have also encountered that issue.

This was not an issue on G1s but after comparing the vim modules between the 2 platforms there is a lot more going on on a G2 vim. Our conclusion was that the chips for stacking are not sitting idle in the G2 like they would have been on a G1.

That being said it would be great if we could stack a single switch without burning the 10gig ports.

Thanks

Yes, X460G2-48X. Just want to have X:Y notation plus possibility to add something to a stack.
We enable stacking in stand-alone X670G2-48X, but there is plenty of 10G ports so at the moment wasting 2 of them is what I can accept.

Just a simple feature or - once and forever - extreme should use 1:Y port notation in stand-alone mode..
GTM-P2G8KFN