cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacking x480 and x670

Stacking x480 and x670

Karfax
New Contributor
In stack of two router - x480 (master) and x650 (slave) i have vlan betwen ports (for exemple) 1:10, 1:20 and 2:20 (conf vlan vlanname add port 1:10, 1:20, 2:20 tag.
What traffic will be going in stack-cable? Traffic only from port 1:10 or 1:20 to port 2:20?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Hi, this will be a bad idea, imho. You're stretching the RIB capacity of the x650, but the real issue will become the FIB: x650 simply can't hold that many routes (a full view). It would go in a specific mode that would certainly stress the CPU a lot and impact traffic.

I won't do that.

If you need more 10G, or even faster ports, and the ability to grow to more routes (more peers....), I'd recommend to consider our new ExtremeRouting products (SLX 9540, SLX 9640).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Hi, this will be a bad idea, imho. You're stretching the RIB capacity of the x650, but the real issue will become the FIB: x650 simply can't hold that many routes (a full view). It would go in a specific mode that would certainly stress the CPU a lot and impact traffic.

I won't do that.

If you need more 10G, or even faster ports, and the ability to grow to more routes (more peers....), I'd recommend to consider our new ExtremeRouting products (SLX 9540, SLX 9640).

Karfax
New Contributor
Could I use two BGP full view (~900K prefixes) in stack of x480 and x650? x480 - main.

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi,

In short yes, Unicast traffic that has to reach the slot 2 from slot 1 and vice versa will be taking the stacking port apart from this stacking control packets, broadcast traffic depending up on the VLAN configuration and user multicast traffic (similar logic to Unicast traffic) packets will pass through the stacking cable.
GTM-P2G8KFN