cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summit x430-24t firmware upgrade

Summit x430-24t firmware upgrade

leroi1990
New Contributor

Hello, i have some old switches model “summit X430-24t” i am trying to reset them to the factory defaults but i can’t use the command “config none” and it seems it’s not possible to restore factory defaults at the current firmware version ( 1.0.1.1 ) .

the GTAC says i have to upgrade my firmware to be able to reset them to factory defaults and the only way to download the firmware files is the support portal but i don’t have an account and when i try to create a new account they ask for a purchase order but i don’t have one.

i only have the switches but i can’t use them anymore, so what is the suggested solutions to have the ability to upgrade my switches ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CWurm
Contributor

Hi leroi1990,

could you try to enter the BootROM and look if you have the command “download image”? On other switches (like X440, X450, X460) you can also re-download the XOS image through BootROM which automatically formats the internal flash drive. By doing so it will of course also erase the existing configuration.

I am unsure if the X430 will also allow you to do this and I currently have no X430 here to check this.

But like I said: other models will allow you to use the “download” command in BootROM to re-install the XOS which requires you to also have an suitable XOS-image.

Keep in mind: the X430 series will need the summitlite files (for example summitlite-16.2.5.4.xos) and not the summitX files!

Kind regards

Christian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

leroi1990
New Contributor

Thank you Christian, But i don’t have summitelite files and as i have mentioned above i can’t download it because i don’t have a portal account .

I tried to contact the support but they don’t accept the request because i am not the person who bought them i bought them from a person who is selling used equipments .

CWurm
Contributor

Hi leroi1990,

could you try to enter the BootROM and look if you have the command “download image”? On other switches (like X440, X450, X460) you can also re-download the XOS image through BootROM which automatically formats the internal flash drive. By doing so it will of course also erase the existing configuration.

I am unsure if the X430 will also allow you to do this and I currently have no X430 here to check this.

But like I said: other models will allow you to use the “download” command in BootROM to re-install the XOS which requires you to also have an suitable XOS-image.

Keep in mind: the X430 series will need the summitlite files (for example summitlite-16.2.5.4.xos) and not the summitX files!

Kind regards

Christian

GTM-P2G8KFN