Summit X450a-24x 'GLIBC_2.3.4' not found

Sammy_R
New Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

Sammy_R
New Contributor
well that was fast.. I messed up the start of this question and posted without description. And while I was doing that you already answered.

Anyway this was the description i was writing:

I have an old X450 switch that I am looking into mainly for my own educational purposes. I keep ketting these error messages when in booting in console:
/exos/bin/exsh: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by /exos/lib/libds.so.0)
/exos/bin/exsh: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by /exos/lib/libepm.so.0)
/exos/bin/exsh: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /exos/lib/libcommon.so.0)
/exos/bin/exsh: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by /exos/lib/libcommon.so.0)
/exos/bin/exsh: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /exos/lib/libdm.so.0)
/exos/bin/exsh: /lib/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.3.4' not found (required by /exos/lib/libdm.so.0)

I found this article: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Summit-X450e-24p-error-exos-bin-systemin...

And of course those steps did not work. I can get to BootRom interface but there is not much to do is it? I´ve found some forum post that said something about "diagnostic bootrom" or something like that. I just can´t find it now.

As a last resort I was thinking about installing a new image to the switch via TFTP.

As i looked into installing new image for my switch I realised that esupport site does not work with my extreme account. I thought I could go and download new image but apparently that is not the case. How can I get new image for my switch (and how much will it cost)?
I don´t have any warranty or support licenses I just need the image to get this switch going..

Andrew_Imam
Extreme Employee
Hi Sammy,

Please check the suggested steps in the following GTAC Knowledgebase Article:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Summit-X450e-24p-error-exos-bin-systemin...

Best regards,
Andrew

GTM-P2G8KFN