cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summit X695 switch and 10 Gbps SFP+ modules.

Summit X695 switch and 10 Gbps SFP+ modules.

Ambrose_Magee
New Contributor II
Hello,

We have a Summit X695, running ONIE-30.6.1.11-patch1-4 with 10 Gbps SFP+ modules in it.  If we reboot this switch, then some of the ports do not come up after reboot.  We must manually disable and then re-enable these ports to make them work.

May I ask if anyone else sees this behaviour, please?

Regards,

Ambrose.
3 REPLIES 3

FredrikB-NN
New Contributor

We have had lots of issues with this, but so far mostly with 3rd party optics. Are your SFPs really original Extreme? If not, what brand? I know it's been a year since your post, but I'm very interested in this! We started seeing more problems like this in 30.2 and perhaps a decrease in 31.7. What version are you on? Have you been able to solve the issue?

I our case, a "restart port" would not fix the problem but "disable port" immediately followed by "enable port"  would.

/Fredrik

Ambrose_Magee
New Contributor II
Hello Brad,

The part number is 10301.  The problem really is between the 10 Gbps SFP+ module in the X695 and the Dell 10 Gbps SFP+ module in a Dell server.  If the server is rebooted, then sometimes the link does not come up again, or it flaps, unless the port is disabled and then re-enabled after seven seconds.

If the switch ports are disabled and then re-enabled, then the problem appears even when there is no reboot of the server.

Regards,

Ambrose.

BradP
Extreme Employee
Hi Ambrose,

Are these with a specific model of 10G SFP+ modules? I want to see if I can replicate the behavior in the lab, so this could help me do so.

Thanks!
Brad
GTM-P2G8KFN