cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System does not have enough power left to support card x.

System does not have enough power left to support card x.

Michal_Siemonsk
New Contributor
Hi folks!

I've tried to expand number of SFP ports in quite old one Alpine 3802 (45064) switch using second GM-16X3 card (45121) and it comes up with this fault:
System does not have enough power left to support card 2.
This unit is powered with 2 internal DC PSUs fed from >10A sources each.
ExtremeWare Error Decoder is not much useful:
1 Check the power supply. - done 2 If necessary, replace power supply units. - PSUs are embeded 3 If the problem persists, contact Technical Support. - unsupported unit
There's no
show powercommand in this unit.
Alpine3802:37 # show slot Slot 1 information: State: Operational HW Module Type: GM-16X3 Configured Type: GM-16X3 Gigabit ports available: Link Active: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Link Down: Slot 2 information: State: Powerdown HW Module Type: Empty Configured Type: GM-16X3 Slot 3 information: State: Empty HW Module Type: Empty Configured Type: Not configured Whenever I remove the card from the first slot - the second one comes up ok.
Any ideas? I'm stuck with this problem, as I need to keep this boy working.
Thanks,
Michal

3 REPLIES 3

Michal_Siemonsk
New Contributor
This unit was bought as a part of the project, founded by ministry of education and we need to keep it running still. Working fine for many years anyway. Sad that we can't expand the number of SFP slots. Thanks for replies. All the best!

EtherMAN
Contributor III
was not designed to run 2 16 port cards.... Been in your spot many year ago also... You would need to go to one of the bigger chassis to run multiple 16 port cards.... Just out of curiosity what keeps you from going to say a 460 or a 440 X switch with 24 ports of SFP and only one rack unit???

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
And MUCH less power consumption 🙂
GTM-P2G8KFN