Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading XOS on 440-24p

Upgrading XOS on 440-24p

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Hi,

I'm having some trouble connecting from my switch to my Laptop in order to perform a software upgrade.

I can't ping outbound from the switch using PING VR VR-DEFAULT, I receive 100% loss.
If I try to connect to a TFTP server using TFTP VR VR-DEFAULT I receive an error message stating that there is an invalid input under the V of VR-DEFAULT

Can confirm that both devices are on the same subnet as I can ping from laptop and connect using HTTP

I have also tried using Management port but that is showing as 'DOWN'

Any suggestions?
15 REPLIES 15

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Ok. Thanks for the advice. The syntax Parthiban gave me above worked a treat and the switch has now upgraded its software.

Now I'm going to try and create a stack 😉

Thanks for your help chaps.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
TFTP get /put command is to send or receive config and policy files .

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
Thanks Pathiban.

Much appreciated.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
download image exosversion vr vr-default

Jason_Short
New Contributor II
OK.

Thanks for looking in to this for me. I can ping the switch but I am directly connected via an inband port. I havent put the switch on the network yet as this device will be the 2nd unit in a stack that I am hoping to configure. Therefore I wanted to update the software to same version as the stack 'master' before proceeding, hence the TFTP requirement.

So will my syntax be TFTP -v -g default 10.121.20.58 (somehow that doesn't look right)

Thanks for your help mate.

J.
GTM-P2G8KFN