cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does it mean "configure stacking xxxxx [core | advanced-edge | edge]" on XOS?

What does it mean "configure stacking xxxxx [core | advanced-edge | edge]" on XOS?

Edson_Moura
New Contributor
Hi guys,

When use this command "configure stacking {node-address node-address | slot slot-number} license-level [core | advanced-edge | edge]"?

I read the manual but I didn't find any explanation.and examples.

Thanks in advance,

Edson Moura
8 REPLIES 8

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the answer. I understood what you said.

Best regards,

Edson Moura

Edson_Moura
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply.

Is there any difference (new features / capacity / etc) using the command core or edge for example?

I have 2x X450G2-48t-10G4 configured in stacking mode (Core Switch) and some X450-G2-48p-GE4 as Edge (Access Switch).

Best regards,

Edson Moura

Rahmathullah__S
Extreme Employee
To add , one of the basic condition to build a stack is , all slots need to have same license level.
This command helps restricting license in the slots to fulfill this condition.

Many Thanks,Syed

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
In certain stacking configurations there is sometimes a need to downgrade or equalize license levels among switches so they can be either a master or backup node. This command allows you to set the license level per node or slot to an "effective" license. An example would be if you stacked a X460-G2 to a X670-G2, out of the box a X460-G2 comes with edge and X670 comes with advanced edge. You would either have to buy an advanced edge license for the 460 or issue the command on the 670 "configure stacking license-level edge" (reboot) and you can now have in effect two "edge" licenses to stack a master/backup.

Make sense?
GTM-P2G8KFN